Who plans to order the G1X Mark II?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Rmark
Regular MemberPosts: 474Gear list
Like?
Re: Ruined might be too strong..but I see your point
In reply to AdamT, 9 months ago

I really like the G1x (original) and use it fairly regularly. It did not need much to improve it. I never use the optical viewfinder, would likely not buy an external finder, with that alone its no longer an all-in-one compact camera.

The flip out and swivel LCD is very useful, and I use that all the time. Never having used a tilt screen like the new model,  I have  no idea if its as good, worse, or better. But, I have no use at all for touch screens, they only have value if they can be turned off, and one can use regular external controls.

The control rings surrounding the lens may be ok, but the front control wheel on the G1x made it very easy change aperture or shutter speed without taking your hand away from the shutter release.

I can't imagine the small reduction in the number of MP's will have any real world consequences, but one does wonder why Canon did it.

All in all I think its probably a very good camera, great lens range, good size. And if someone gives me one I will cherish it and learn to use it.

At $799, I'm not likely to run out and buy one. The original model still works just fine.

Rmark's gear list:Rmark's gear list
Canon PowerShot G1 X Olympus E-30 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow