Senior MemberPosts: 1,548
Like?
Re: The blues
In reply to Brandon c, 10 months ago

Brandon c wrote:

Shutter speed: 1/500 Iso: 160 Aperture: f/4

This part of my music of the streets series

-- hide signature --

Since I'm from Mississippi where blues is a part of everything, this photo, from somewhere far away  intrigued me. Gloves and hats on a blues musician are a serious contradiction to those of us in the south USA, though it makes perfect sense to people in cooler zones, lets us know how far this music has traveled. I like the photo, agree with others that having feet on the musician and losing the fellow on the left border would help. I wish the musician had a little less shadow hiding his face. I like having enough context in the signs to tell me where the photo was taken. The real magic, to my view, is the little girl who has stopped to look. She and the musician create the tension and interaction in the shot. The others are rightfully darkened and blurred as they go about the humdrum of their daily trudge. Very enjoyable photo. The tilt doesn't bother me as much as it usually does. Us old people do have a bit of vertigo looking at those sometimes.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Don,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow