Bridge camera, Mirrorless or DSLR?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Shutterbug013
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Re: Horses for courses, cameras for Pamelas. Try Sony?
In reply to canonagain123, 7 months ago

The variable f/3.5-5.6 will probably leave her disappointed when trying to take photos in low light (I can't see m43 performing well at ISO 12800-51200!)

The variable f3.5-5.6 of the 14-140 (m43) or any DSLR superzoom lens also has me concerned as her current camera with its 12x zoom has a aperture of f2.7-3.5. unless you get primes or pro lenses, the lens that she would get ie, 14-140, 18-300 etc would be slower at any focal length compared to her current camera, in some cases nearly two stops, which she will notice.

Have you considered Sony Cybershot RX10?

I have considered the RX10, however at $1500AUD it is completely out of the price range. It is also heavy for what it is and is not exactly small. Also for some unknown (at least to me) reason she does not like Sony cameras (even though she likes my D7100 which has a Sony sensor).

I have also considered the Nikon V2 with a 10-110 lens but I think the G6 would be a much better camera over the V2. Olympus mirrorless cameras have crossed my mind but i have no experience with them so i cannot comment.

Shutterbug013's gear list:Shutterbug013's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow