uh oh, no A7000...?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,910Gear list
Like?
Re: re: it is a pretty safe bet = there WILL BE N7 mk-II, and...
In reply to jpr2, 10 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/sr5-trusted-sources-no-a7000-aps-c-e-mount-coming-in-2014-main-focus-on-fe-from-now-on/

So we lost Mic input and AF/MF-lock controls?

This can't be real, can it?

...the only question mark is WHEN??

Even SAR says it openly: "I saw a couple of sites claiming the A6000 doesn’t replace the Nex7 and that there may be a new A7000 APS-C model in future with TriNavi. I can confirm via trusted sources that this isn’t true. There will be no A7000 APS-C(!) E-mount camera in 2014. I repeat it, no APS-C A7000 with TriNavi in 2104".

For sure a6k DOESN'T REPLACE the N7, too many reasons to list them here again. So I find it interesting to observe why Andrea of SAR is so adamantly set on repeating the Sony's mantra??

As it seems... they just try to repeat the same marketing trick they did on Oct 20th, 2013 simultaneously killing the Nex name, while releasing A7/A7r, casting a shadow of doubt on the very continuity of Nex'en line, to milk the market with the FF craze.

Now it is to milk the APS-C market by cutting all promise of ever having a top-of-the-line, true APS-C flagship, but of course after the hype and buzz subsides, there will again be a need to release something new - a business as usual in the new season.

And yes, it won't be a huge surprise to see N7 mk-II already announced (to be delivered early in 2015) on Photokina in Cologne mid Sept. 2014

jpr2

I'm really not so sure - by 2015 an FF camera in the $1200 will be a distinct possibility (in fact clearout A7's will probably be selling for that price or less). Will Sony really sell a high-end APS-C and a low-end FF body at the same price? (I know Canon do, but we are talking Sony here)

The very obvious signal of no high-end APS-C body is that Sony will increasingly swap-out APS-C sensors for FF ones down the product range as the costs decrease leaving APS-C only at the very budget-end or not at all

As a marketing tactic I don't think 'scaring people into FF' as you suggest will work... many here simply can't afford to buy the very expensive FE lenses ($800 and greater), but will think that their current system is pencilled in for discontinuation and so sell-off their current lenses while they have the chance and buy into a more affordable system from another manufacturer

Perhaps the discontinuation of the NEX name really meant the start of the discontinuation of APS-C E-mount as some suggested at the time?

Sony need to clear this up by issueing some kind of commitment to high-end APS-C body (no specifics or dates, but just that there will be one) and/or an APS-C lens roadmap.  EDIT: I guess they can't commit to a better camera than the A6000 or people will wait for it rather than buying the A6000, but they could still issue an APS-C lens roadmap and maybe state an ongoing commitment to 'enthusiast level' APS-C E-mount bodies into the future

Sony's customer management really is terrible leaving us all with current NEX investments to wonder what is happening with their new product range!

I wonder what Zeiss think of all this after spending all that money developing those APS-C Touits?

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow