A6000 - losing touch

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 14,009Gear list
Like?
OT: Eric, you're right of course...
In reply to Eric Hensel, 10 months ago

Eric Hensel wrote:

I'm 61 years old, and have used cameras for more than 50 of them. Having become accustomed to touch screens on phones and tablets etc. I can see zero good reasons other than inertia for not having the capability on -any- screen --the added functionality is nothing but a positive. My daughter's new laptop with win-8 and a touch-screen is a revelation. I strongly suspect those arguing against them (like so many other things) have never really used them --and I don't mean for five minutes in a camera store.

...in that our likes/dislikes towards TS in all probability have nothing to do with photography (or maybe very little) - I'm about the same age, with the same span of them devoted to  photography - and yet... when I was forced by circumstances last summer to use an ipad instead my standard PC (with a kbd, mouse, etc.) I hated, truly hated, every single second of it (and some tasks were never done) !!

And by the way, the Win 8, with its screen poking interface philosophy is a known commercial flop - and would be even more so, if not for the possibility - provided by III-rd parties SW, to install UI which brings back the standard classic Win functionalities and UI layout

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow