Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,353Gear list
Like?
Re: Color Resolution Zen
In reply to Raist3d, 7 months ago

Raist3d wrote:

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner wrote:

<...>

But color bleeding is a case were you end up with a made up color. There's also color accuracy (for areas of color that have a higher frequency that the sensor can sample).

Color bleeding is not a made-up color.  Color bleeding is color from one area possibly slightly going into another.  It's a real color from the image, shifted.

In a bayer sensor you get red/green/blue pixels out of the blue, in areas they never were - all because of simple patterns.  That is made up.

But because of the top layers also getting some values the lower layers get, you can eliminate a lot of color bleeding kinds of effects simply by having a clear picture of where the boundaries are.

You won't be able to make that determination like that due to the lower sampling

ARRRRGRGRGRHRHRGRRRGRHGRGRGRHRGRG!

, though there are certainly strategies that Sigma could purse based on human perception and pattern recognition (several Bayer cameras are already doing stuff like that).

Double that last statement, since what you can do is nothing like what they are doing.

In the end the result should be way closer to 19MP of color resolution than 5MP.

For color I don't think so

, but for perception of detail yes. There are strategies that can be pursued but they can't make up data that doesn't exist.

Since the data is all captured it need make up nothing, it just has to uncompress it.  If I add four numbers together, then subtract three of the original numbers, I can still get the fourth value out.  In fact the more original numbers I subtract the closer I am to the exact real value of the remaining numbers.

I agree it should still look pretty good, but depending on subject/light/resolution of subject in those colors, it may not look as sharp.

The may is more like "rarely".

No more technical responses for me for some time, this is a waste of time.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow