The Quattro is Ugly

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,633Gear list
Like?
Not all agree
In reply to phazelag, 10 months ago

phazelag wrote:

I am very interested in the DP2 Quattro and I will always take performance and function over looks and style, but really? I just checked it out on http://camerasize.com/compact/#456,454,534,532,ha,t

and it is quite repulsive to me. Anyone else? It wont stop me from buying it as long as it lives up to what I think it will.

The shape is unusual, and like other unusual shapes it takes getting used to.

Read the hands-on report here on DPReview, the comments below are very interesting - there are a lot more people who like the shape than I would have thought.

Also it can be the case, that some things you think look ugly in pictures actually look good in person (as any photographer knows!).  There are more than a few cars I've not liked in photographs but appreciated more in person.

I personally like things that are different, so to me the shape is appealing.  But I still want to see it in person before making up my mind.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow