On recent cameras: EM-1, XT-1, A6000 ...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 6,346Gear list
Like?
Re: On recent cameras: EM-1, XT-1, A6000 ...
In reply to nzmacro, 2 months ago

nzmacro wrote:

Very good Henry. I would love to try the Fuji EVF, it sounds darn clever.

So being a MF user only, I can mount and use virtually any mirrorless camera out there and yet, here I am.

What some have as great specs on a camera, other things are missing. I keep looking at everything out there and nothing inspires me or would benefit me more than what I already use. Sure there is plenty of nice gear out there, but why change. One day maybe, but I can't honestly see between those cameras up there what would suit me better.

All the best Henry, nice read with a strong coffee

Danny.

-- hide signature --

Thanks Danny, you always cheer us up here.

Your best hope will be the Nex-7 successor, the A7000. It looks more real now than ever, and speculation is about whether it will be 24Mp or higher.

For your application, higher is better, as long as the sensor can handle the light (ISO).

In the end, you don't care about the sensor size as much as you care about the pixel density. The Nex-7 still combines the highest density with the largest sensor and the best ISO response. Everything else still comes second.

Now we see more and more cameras playing catchup (D7100, D5200, D3200, A77, A6000), but none is surpassing the Nex-7 yet. And no m43 can give you the same image area, they are just a 16Mp crop of the Nex-7 image, lol.

I hope that the A7000 will be 32Mp, while maintaining good ISO 1600 performance. That'll be the day

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +27 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow