On recent cameras: EM-1, XT-1, A6000 ...

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,044Gear list
Like?
Re: You are comparing bodies only.....
In reply to exdeejjjaaaa, 7 months ago

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

captura wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

Nice try Henry...when they get PDAF that works indoors in low light they'll be close to fast AF...but this one will be like the Nex-6 slower than Nex-7 and RX1 indoors room lighting...24mp Nex-7 is not that great in low light to be honest...

Nice camera, but no where near the handling of an EM1 and no where near the AF lens selection...and of course the AF Speed will have to be proven in reality...hopefully it's better than the A7r and LA-EA4 adapter...

A6000 = meh....mostly boring made over Nex...

A7 or A7R with same feature set as A6000 = Winner for Sony!

-- hide signature --

Really there is a God...and He loves you..
FlickR Photostream:
www.flickr.com/photos/46756347@N08/
Mr Ichiro Kitao, I support the call to upgrade the FZ50.
I will not only buy one but two no questions asked...

Oh I don't know. My better Olympus is an E-PM1 and with CDAF it is very fast in daylight. But although it wants to be fast at night or indoors, it simply runs out of ISO.

My 5R is superior to the E-PM1 in low light AF speed, although still no great shakes. A 16 mp Olympus like the E-M1/ E-M10 might come close, but not close to the A6000.

Dear, E-PM1 is a very old tech, fast AF in m43 world really started with GH2 camera... did you read that Sony itself acknowledged that their AF in A6000 is nowhere near Nikon 1 and m43 ? reread from the official press release = "Amongst interchangeable-lens digital cameras equipped with an ____APS-C___ image sensor as of February 12, 2014. Determined with internal measurement method with E PZ 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens mounted, Pre-AF off and viewfinder in use." ... as for low light - m43 cameras now focus @ -4EV (or EV-4, if you prever this notation)

Lol, you are coming here to tell us that m43 is better at -4EV shooting? That is when we turn to FF sensors. Hint: they are 4x larger! With m43 you would need MFNR to reduce the noise - for you'll only be capturing noise, lol.

We mentioned already here earlier, there is no standard for low light. Anyone makes something different out of it.

Just how many lumens is -4EV exactly at f/1.4? According to Canon it requires a 30s exposure, see the graph below. You can't even light a candle then, can you - that'll be too bright Wikipedia suggest -4EV equivalent to the illumination by a half-lit moon or the Aurea Borealis as your only light source. I call that dark

But then, I know that m43 users like to stay at ISO 100. Of course you'll hit -4EV rather quickly. Larger sensor can handle larger ISOs - it will be rare to ever shoot at -4EV with them, if you have a fast lens. Just as a reference, home-interiors at night are typically at or above +5EV, and we consider that low-light Which makes sense at 1/15th at f/1.4 - who cannot recall seeing that?

Popular exposure chart type, showing exposure values EV (red lines) as combinations of aperture and shutter speed values. The green lines are sample program lines, by which a digital camera automatically selects both the shutter speed and the aperture for given exposure value (brightness of light), when set to Program mode (P).Canon

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow