It's not a really big deal but I got a Magazine Cover.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,961Gear list
Like?
It's not a really big deal but I got a Magazine Cover.
7 months ago

I've been shooting a bunch of promo shots and interior design for a client. And low & behold one of my shots was picked as the cover for a magazine promoting the area. It's not a big time thing but none the less, I felt happy all day since I found out last night. Better still it's part of a much larger marketing plan and I am going to get a lot of fun stuff to shoot.

It's been so much fun I can't express it completely.

Everyone here should get to work on a project like this, it really does light a fire under you creatively. Of course losing my bag of gear the day before Christmas was not fun...thankfully I did not notice it until after Christmas. But we're gonna replace it soon enough.

Here is the cover:

Here is the magazine:

http://issuu.com/indulgeslo/docs/indulge_magazine_-_feb_2014_final_s/3?e=5432434/6691832

They tightened up the crop a tad but otherwise didn't edit it at all.  I also shot the inset over the TOC on pg 4.  There are a few more of my shots in there as well.  I never think of people actually liking my photos, really I don't.

I can't share more right now until the selection process is done then I have some freedom to share a lot more.  It's the old NDA thing...but it's still FUN.  

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow