A6000 - losing touch

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
drke
Forum MemberPosts: 70Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 - losing touch
In reply to abortabort, 10 months ago

I had a 5N that i liked.  I used it for a year or so and got used it.  I really liked the touch screen to focus. It was great in certain circumstances like skiing - white background with white blue sky.  Take one glove off and touch the screen to lock.  It was also easier to make other changes on the fly - at the risk of suddenly and unexpectedly finding yourself in toy camera mode due to errant touches.  Honestly that wasn't a big problem.  I sold the Nex 5n and got a Nex 7 because I needed the view finder and wanted better IQ.  I missed the TS for a while but its certainly not a deal breaker.  It would be nice to have to switch on or off..

From Sony's standpoint I imagine that it is not just a question of the cost of the sensor but the cost of support.  If you send out 100k sensors with touch screen, you'll end up with a much higher rate of failure/return for one reason or anther than you would with a non touchsceen.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow