A6000 - losing touch

Started Feb 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
drke Forum Member • Posts: 70
Re: A6000 - losing touch

I had a 5N that i liked.  I used it for a year or so and got used it.  I really liked the touch screen to focus. It was great in certain circumstances like skiing - white background with white blue sky.  Take one glove off and touch the screen to lock.  It was also easier to make other changes on the fly - at the risk of suddenly and unexpectedly finding yourself in toy camera mode due to errant touches.  Honestly that wasn't a big problem.  I sold the Nex 5n and got a Nex 7 because I needed the view finder and wanted better IQ.  I missed the TS for a while but its certainly not a deal breaker.  It would be nice to have to switch on or off..

From Sony's standpoint I imagine that it is not just a question of the cost of the sensor but the cost of support.  If you send out 100k sensors with touch screen, you'll end up with a much higher rate of failure/return for one reason or anther than you would with a non touchsceen.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow