A6000 - losing touch

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: re: somehow I don't feel in the least confident...
In reply to KelvinHammond, 5 months ago

KelvinHammond wrote:

Yes, only for LCD, not EVF, but one of the nice things about LCD shooting is that you can hold the camera at your hip and look down on the tilted-up LCD, which is an even more discrete (and comfortable) method of taking photos than holding a camera to your eye!

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! A5000 & A6000 success.... campaign for *REAL* NEX-5 and NEX-7 replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Yeah, to shoot... but the distance from eye to hip is too great to really change the settings, so you end up in a chimping position, and then returning the camera to hip height. And that makes it slower. It's pretty fast in "i" mode though.

I guess you don't know the  Nex 5 series have tilting screen. I can keep the camera at hip position and change all settings, AF and capture without lifting it up. It could never be as fast. Even in using the EVF, I still compose touch the screen to focus and then lift to my eyes set it for the same composition and it focus where I want and I capture. Really faster than having to press that pad in the back.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow