Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
techiecool
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
EM10 or GX7: Final questions before ordering
2 months ago

Sometimes you just have to do...and at this point I want to purchase and enjoy...no more research. shooting mainly family/baby and travel.

Final aspects before deciding:

- GX7 video - it's not stabilized, but the jittery aspects need to be corrected during editing. how much jittery is ok without that. well the wife will want to use sooner. we have a mac so maybe it's not as hard as i think to do the editing and give it to her.

- AF/low light - is there one that has an edge.

- Will look to get 1 prime now 1 later; debating on the kit lens. i'd envision a 17 or 25mm and the 45mm.

- I really wanted the new em10 kit lens but not the larger size

- The GX7 body is a good deal to me w/o the kit lens. $250 seems like much and hopefully i could pick up a better zoom. probably a kit lens off ebay or something. can't imagine having the funds for a while for the fast zooms.

- size wise they are both fine.

- touchscreen AF - which is easier for usage

checked the specs on the A6000 and might have been an ideal contender but i can't wait 2+ months.

Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow