Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Kendall Helmstetter Gelner
Forum ProPosts: 18,645Gear list
Like?
Will - the word does not mean what you think it means
In reply to Truman Prevatt, 10 months ago

Truman Prevatt wrote:

DickLyon wrote:

So, it's complicated. Yes, reduced chroma resolution is a compromise; but a very good one, well matched to human perception -- not at all like the aliasing-versus-resolution compromise that the mosaic-with-AA-filter approach has to face.

Dick

disclaimer: I've been away from this technology too long to have any inside knowledge. And give my apologies to Laurence for my too many words.

. There will be artifacts from aliasing from the lower level detectors.

You do realize that word means "for sure" right?  Just how exactly do you KNOW there will be alising, when thinking logically about the output renders no case I can think of that would cause this.  Since you are saying "will" that means you know a case where you would get aliasing. Ok then, cough it up.

The question is how will it show up

There goes that word again.  As expected, you expect the worst.

It will most likely be that it will solve more problems than it creates but with all trade offs there will be downsides.

Why?  Sometimes there is only upside.

Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list:Kendall Helmstetter Gelner's gear list
Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Sigma 50-500mm F4.5-6.3 DG OS HSM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow