Rohith Thumati
Regular MemberPosts: 428
Like?
Re: Who plans to order the G1X Mark II?
In reply to caver3d, 8 months ago

caver3d wrote:

Rohith Thumati wrote:

peter_friend wrote:

If the speed Af is better, i will buy the Mark II. See some reviews before.

The question really is how much better, which the early previews hopefully will answer. Is it Olympus E-M5 competitive? Or closer to, say, Fuji X100? I'm looking forward to finding out.

It no way is it close to challenging the Oly E-M5. The E-M5 is a stellar mirrorless ILC, with very fast AF, excellent IQ, class-leading and exclusive 5-axis IBIS, a weather-resistant body, and on and on. The G1X II is targeting the Sony RX100 II.

caver3d

Sorry - I should have been more clear - I meant whether the AF is competitive with the E-M5's autofocus, in reference to peter's post. As for whether it competes in the market with the E-M5, I agree - no it doesn't.

Looking at videos of the original GX1's autofocus speed just now, it seems to be about the same as the E-P1+kit lens. If it's ~40-50% faster as Canon is claiming, it won't be E-M5 fast (I have both the E-P1 & the E-M5). It could approach X100S, but that's likely the ceiling, based on what Canon is saying, and the fact that Canon isn't claiming 'world's fastest AF' like everyone else is claiming.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow