ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jazzymusicman
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Tokina 11-16mm DX II issues
10 months ago

Hey guys,

This is my first post, and it's because I don't even know what to do at this point. I've ordered two of these off Amazon. The first one had a terrible back focus issue. Using Focal Standard I determined I would need to adjust my D7000's AF adjustment for that lens to -29 (not possible) so I sent it back. I just received the second copy today. The AF adjustment was -17 which is in range so that isn't an issue.

What irks me is that the front element was covered in dust when I took the cap off. I used a giotto and one blast took it all off. The lens cap was also encrusted with dust. Whatever. What I don't know what to do about is that when I pulled the focus ring back into manual mode, there's grit on it, and I can feel it as I turn the ring. Should I just give up hope on this lens, return it, and deal with not having an ultra wide (i'm not buying Nikon's because it's too much money)? This lens is supposed to be really good ... what the hell

Nikon D7000 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow