G1X Mk2 - First sample images ... (PICS)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Carlos C
Regular MemberPosts: 358Gear list
Like?
Re: Tonkotsu Ramen: Re: Am I getting one?
In reply to afm, 10 months ago

afm wrote:

I was also influenced by Marco Nero's input to get the G1X and I am extremely happy with it. For me the only downside is its slow operation. The Mark 2 seems to have its pluses and minuses as Marco said, but with faster operation and better lens it may suit me fine. I need a travel camera with best IQ but must say I am seriously looking at the Fujifilm X-E2 as my G1X replacement.

I really liked my G1X and made the jump after seeing Marco's beautiful pictures. I used it for over a year with really good results. Then, I had the opportunity to get the opportunity to get the Fuji X-E1 with kit lens as a retirement present, wow, what a camera after the latest firmware update. Have nothing but good things to say about the Canon G1X, but prefer the Fuji. I think Canon has very stiff competition with the Fuji products. Their lenses (just got their 23mm 1.4) is at least L quality. Amazing optics, as close to Leica as you can get.

looking forward to see the tech reviews of the new G1X mark II

Carlos C's gear list:Carlos C's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Ha!New
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow