What the imager has

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Truman Prevatt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,638Gear list
Like?
Re: What the imager has
In reply to DickLyon, 5 months ago

DickLyon wrote:

So, it's complicated. Yes, reduced chroma resolution is a compromise; but a very good one, well matched to human perception -- not at all like the aliasing-versus-resolution compromise that the mosaic-with-AA-filter approach has to face.

Dick

disclaimer: I've been away from this technology too long to have any inside knowledge. And give my apologies to Laurence for my too many words.

At the end of the day the reason we test weapons is so we will know how they really work when it counts instead of how the work in computer models. The same is true with image sensors which have to make trades where sub- alias sampling is going one be it Bayer or the new Sigma design. There will be artifacts from aliasing from the lower level detectors. The question is how will it show up and under what conditions will it be noticeable? Hopefully we will find out soon.

It will most likely be that it will solve more problems than it creates but with all trade offs there will be downsides.

[MOD: removed product bashing/flamebait from message].

-- hide signature --

Truman
www.pbase.com/tprevatt

Truman Prevatt's gear list:Truman Prevatt's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF Nikkor 180mm f/2.8D ED-IF +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow