Is Iridient that good or Capture One that bad?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
georgehudetz
Contributing MemberPosts: 512Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Iridient that good or Capture One that bad?
In reply to Majkes, 7 months ago

Majkes wrote:

Is Iridient really that good iin comparision to others? C1 are supposed to be much better than LR and frankly, this image looks terrible.

Opinions?

That comparison does not look good for C1, but in my experience (which is only about 30 days worth on C1 & Fuji) C1 can generate much better images.  I do wonder if that comparison was done on an earlier version of C1 before they had their X-TRANS algorithms fully developed.

Here is an image captured using an X-Pro1 and the Fuji 35mm prime.  Processed in the latest version of C1, using a linear curve and the Provia ICC profile.  I have done some sharpening & clarity adjustment, but even without that sharpening, the image is never as bad as the example you show above.

The image is uploaded in full detail, so you can zoom in and examine to your heart's content.

If you have any images you'd like processed in C1 I'm happy to give it a shot, but I'm by no means an expert.

georgehudetz's gear list:georgehudetz's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow