Is Iridient that good or Capture One that bad?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
BRPWS
Regular MemberPosts: 350Gear list
Like?
Re: Is Iridient that good or Capture One that bad?
In reply to Majkes, 5 months ago

Majkes wrote:

I;ve been reasearching the raw post processing of fuji x files for a long time now, I want to be 100% sure I will get the best files possible when I will finally buy my XT1.

Of all the examples I;ve seen on the internet this one struck me the most

Is Iridient really that good iin comparision to others? C1 are supposed to be much better than LR and frankly, this image looks terrible.

Opinions?

I use Irident as my first step and then export the processed file to LR for final processing.  Irident does a nice job of rendering but of course that is very subjective.  Everyone has their own favorite methods.

I also like the fact that Brian, the developer of Irident answers email questions very quickly.

I also have capture one which is very good and aperture.  It seems they all render a little bit differently and it comes down to personal likes.  The only one I have had some difficulty with is Photoninja with highlights but otherwise it did a good job as well.

-- hide signature --

Elliot

BRPWS's gear list:BRPWS's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow