The more you know (about great photography) the less pictures you take?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
jrkliny
Senior MemberPosts: 2,733Gear list
Like?
Re: The more you know (about great photography) the less pictures you take?
In reply to trale, 10 months ago

You might keep in mind that Scott Kelby and his cohorts are basically technical photographers and post processors.  If you have a lick of individuality and artistic temperment, you will find plenty of subjects that interest you.  It is not necessary to face the setting sun or be in some obscure location.

I happen to enjoy the impressionistic paintings.  The impressionists managed to find subjects in the city, in the parks, in the rural farming areas and in fact just about anywhere in their world.  I cant think of many paintings made during "golden" hour.  They did not need weird lighting, angry hdr clouds or freak events in nature.

The more I watch the grid, the more I realize those guys are pretty limited in their approach.  If I cannot get out to a scenic landscape area, I can manage to find interesting subjects in the local parks, forests, greenhouses, or even my backyard.

-- hide signature --
 jrkliny's gear list:jrkliny's gear list
Canon EOS 600D Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
NopeNew
WhyNew
(unknown member)
OkayNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow