How do you store photos while on long trips?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mckenzie0810
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
How do you store photos while on long trips?
6 months ago

I will be traveling to China for two weeks this summer and I've received some great advice from DP Review forum folks about lenses.  Now I'm trying to figure out how I will store all of the photos I take during this long trip.  Right now I shoot in raw and have two 32gb CF cards. I store my RAW images on an external hard drive at home, and backup my edited images to my photo sharing site.  I am trying to figure out how to travel without taking my computer as it's a big laptop and quite heavy.  My sister is taking her smaller and more lightweight MAC.

Any suggestions?  Should I just purchase a small external hard drive and upload photos at the end of each day onto the hard drive via my sister's MAC?  As you can see I am a little techno-unsavvy. I won't be able to edit photos during the trip, so plan to just store the RAW images and edit them when I get home.  My Photoshop version is windows compatible so can't load that onto her computer. 

Thanks in advance for any help!

mckenzie0810's gear list:mckenzie0810's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow