It's easy to forget that a6000 also has...

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
captura
Forum ProPosts: 15,545Gear list
Like?
Re: It's easy to forget that a6000 also has...
In reply to wictred, 10 months ago

wictred wrote:

Mel Snyder wrote:

I want to see what a hit on usability the lower re EVF makes. I may sell my NEX-6 to get this. I like the magnesium body. Should be more durable in traveling.

Did you ever break a polycarbonate body?

According to some previews the a6000 body is the same by the way (metal plate + rest polycarbonate)

But it looks like a great camera. Might either sell my NEX-6 as well or just keep it ... I'd probably get 300-350 euros - for a perfectly fine camera which would make an ideal backup body.

The 2.36 MP EVF of the NEX-6 sure is really great, but try manual focus in low light. It certainly works (especially when it is way too dark for an OVF) - I use it rather often, with the only source of light being a few small LEDs or fire. But if 1.44 MP would still show more details anyway (better refresh and/or lower noise) then that would actually be an improvement...

Well, it's OLED, an improvement. But why so small?

Now Polycarbonate is very strong, but traditionally a bit heavier. What I find worrisome is the introduction of thin cheaper plastic construction like on the A5000.

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow