Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?
Re: lens WR versus Camera WR
In reply to Barry Pearson, 10 months ago

Barry Pearson wrote:

Bob Corson wrote:

Barry Pearson wrote:

henning kraggerud wrote:

I understand that DA* are better protected than WR. But wouldn't this be better protection for the lens itself?

As for Camera protection would it not be the rubber ring towards the lens mount which protects? meaning that WR, DA* and even DA 17-70 all should all protect camera equally? or is it difference in the material used in this which offers different protection?

The weather seal around the mount of the DA 17-70 f/4 should be effective in the same way it is for WR and AW lenses.

But perhaps damage could be done by moisture first getting into the lens, then via the throat (light-path) of the lens into the camera?

Excuse me but what seal around the mount of the DA 17-70mm?

The DA 17-70mm f/4 has a black O-ring around the mount which appears to me indistinguishable from those of DA* O-rings. (Unlike the O-ring of the D-FA 100mm f/2.8 Macro WR, which is red!)

As far as I know, it has no other form of weather sealing, so is not a true WR lens.

I don't know of any other DA non-WR lens with such an O-ring, but I don't have many.

-- hide signature --

http://www.barrypearson.co.uk/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Barry_PearsonInterestimngon pictew that and had not spotted itever kn

-- hide signature --

Interseting they did that. Never knew it or saw it in pictures . . . until I looked closely.

I wonder how much of an advantage it is over a DAlens.
Bob Corson
To truly see one must open their mind as well as their eyes

Bob Corson's gear list:Bob Corson's gear list
Pentax K-30 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow