Bought a Nikon 20 35 2.8, what are its shortcomings?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
dog house riley
Regular MemberPosts: 236Gear list
Like?
Bought a Nikon 20 35 2.8, what are its shortcomings?
10 months ago

Hi sports fans, I'm still a novice to DP, and learning your habits and advice. I have been on a quest for some lens upgrades, my gear list has some, you can read. I recently bought a very nice D2X, not to sure I just loved the way it felt in my hands and only 32K, and I have had a desire for a 17 35 2.8 ever since my D700 came into the family, but I just could not justify the price of the "hunky" Nikon, so after reading looking at lens links and good ole' KR's assessment of the 20 35, I bought one very nice version, with hood and case and even Nikons new "pinch" lens cap, can't tell it from new.

I'll combine it with my 50 1.4 G and 85 1.8 G Nikon lenses this will be my D700 "kit" for landscape and event and crowd "shooter" so!! you may have owned the 20 35 and upgraded to the 17 35 how do you feel that lens was? and things you just didn't like and loved about it.

I looked and read about the new 18 35 zoom, I had the first version on film didn't like with digital[D70] and I was not to impressed with all I read about the 16 35, and price I'm very frugal, most every bit of equipment I bought used, to save money, as of now I'm really liking the 20 35 focus is very fast on D700w/grip, and pictures are sharp and crisp.

I do like responders on DP so far everyone has giving good advice, I'm a 20 plus year Nikon shooter but not too computer savvy, but I'm just having fun in my sunset years[67] shooting to satisfy my own self.

Thanks for any and all response's:

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 II Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 +12 more
Nikon D2X Nikon D700 Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow