Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ZzzooM3
Regular MemberPosts: 270Gear list
Like?
Re: A7r: FE 24-70mm F4 Tests
In reply to Paul Richman, 10 months ago

Paul Richman wrote:

Jeff2013 wrote:

The results look terrific to me!!! I have the lens pre-ordered for my A7R and was considering canceling it. I think I will keep the order intact, now. My considerably more expensive Nikon 24-70mm f2.8 on my D800E certainly can do no better; in fact, when variable focusing calibration vs. distance issues are considered, I expect that I will be a lot happier with the Zeiss on my A7R in terms of consistent image quality. I could care less about the distortion issues (which appear really minor). My Samyang 14mm has horrible mustache distortion, but is completely corrected in ACR. The resulting IQ is better than my Nikon 14-24mm lens. As a note, I trusted the published IMF resolution graphs when I purchased the Sony-Zeiss FE 50mm f1.8 and it turned out to be one of the sharpest lenses sold, period. The published IMF graphs for the 24-70mm f4 look pretty darned good as well. I expect that, overall, this $1,200 Zeiss lens is a real winner. Thank you for publishing the test photos!

Interesting perspective, thanks! I sold my Nikon 24-70 because of its issues, and just used Zeiss 35 and 50 primes instead, along with the 14-24. The Canon 24-70 is what I lust after.

Could you put up the IMF graphs for this lens here? I haven't seen them.

-- hide signature --

Paul Richman
Pixels By Paul
http://PixelsByPaul.500px.COM
"There's a good picture nearby. Find it. Take it. Share it."

Nothing special but I took this shortly after getting the A7 with an EF 24-70 f/2.8 L

ISO 50, 1/10 sec @f/5.0, 27mm

ZzzooM3's gear list:ZzzooM3's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MTFNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow