Df: not the perfect camera ...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
foto2021
Regular MemberPosts: 270
Like?
Re: Df: not the perfect camera ...
In reply to Patrick McMahon, 9 months ago

Patrick McMahon wrote:

Amazing that people who use the camera are repeatedly saying the same thing: Time spent with it makes the controls 2nd nature, in many ways the controls can be better, a more deliberative approach develops, more thought goes into the exposure...

I like the Df for the same reason I loved my F4 bodies. The F4 was a sophisticated system camera with conventional controls. The Df is a sophisticated digital system camera with conventional controls.

I really like that combination of state-of-the-art abilities with a traditional user interface. IMHO the F5 lost something by departing from the F4 controls. However, I have gradually gotten used to Nikon's newer user interface.

When it came to choosing between a Df and a D800, I chose the D800 because of its greater ability. If the Df and the D800 had similar ability, I would have chosen the Df without any hesitation at all.

I collected my new D800 today and am very pleased with my choice. It is my second D800. I also use a D600.

-- hide signature --

Colin

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow