120 to 35
Contributing MemberPosts: 905
Like?
Re: A6000 - losing touch
In reply to Helen, 7 months ago

Helen wrote:

120 to 35 wrote:

Tonkotsu Ramen wrote:

In my experience, sony's implementation of touchscreen (resistive on the nex-5R/T) is too slow and requires too much force to be useful.

The camera works much faster using just the shutter button.

Maybe that will change with the Bionz X though.

I think the user, Parallaxproblem mentioned the earlier capacitive touch screen. We could definitely benefit from a good touch screen.

The 5R shutter lag is almost non-existent, therefore the screen should be better than it is. I have set up the camera not to shoot with touch as I use it mostly with manual focus lenses. But with auto-focus, touch shooting should be great.

Yes - I did too. It's really rather strange the way Sony introduced a capacitive touchscreen (on the NEX 5N) with touch-to-focus but not touch-to-shoot (it's arguable how useful the latter is, at least for me), and then added touch-to-shoot on its successors, the 5R and 5T, whilst going backwards and fitting a resistive screen that requires force to operate and, despite being able to be calibrated, does seem to be a bit, well, approximate in its positional response to being pressed. And of course both the A5000 and A6000 (which seem to bracket the NEX 5x series in the range and so presumably will take the 5T's place in due course) lack a touch screen altogether.

Thanks, and sorry I missed your comment. It is indeed strange and posters have suggested a range of possible reasons from cost savings of a few dollars per unit to misguided executives.

IMHO retrograde moves in a world of iPhone cameras could be fatal.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow