Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
binaryfinary
Junior MemberPosts: 33
Like?
D5200 Suddenly Refuses Non-Nikon Battery
10 months ago

I've got a Hahnel HL-EL14 battery for my Nikon D5200. Slightly longer life than the Nikon version, cheaper too, came highly recommended.

I last used it last week, it worked fine, everything good. Then today I go to plug it in, and I get a message "This Battery Cannot Be Used, Choose A Battery Designated For Use In This Camera".

To say I'm fuming is an understatement. To clarify -

I haven't updated any firmware or connected the camera to anything that could have altered any settings. I haven't even used a wi-fi adapter, which could technically allow Nikon to hack into my camera remotely and stop me using 3rd party batteries (of course, that's the realms of fantasy, but you get my point).

What is going on? I'm guessing it's a quick fix.

I haven't tried to use it with the adapter which connects it to my DSLR rig battery. If I can't use that, I'll probably be imprisoned for ramming my car into Nikon's UK office.

Nikon D5200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow