With the world’s fastest autofocus system (A6000)

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Tom Caldwell
Forum ProPosts: 17,950
Like?
Re: Sony a6000 First Impressions Review posted
In reply to Donny out of Element here, 6 months ago

Donny out of Element here wrote:

blue_skies wrote:

captura wrote:

• OLED electronic viewfinder with 1.44M dots * NEX-6 Viewfinder resolution was 2,359,000 dots!

Why was the EVF reduced to 1.44M dots ?

Cost, and marketing

This is the old EVF from the Alpha SLT cameras it seems.

I guess that this camera is not for MF lenses, but for fast AF lenses

Also, it enables a (big) distinction for a future upmarket (=pricier) A7000 model.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

Not quite. Sony rep in video clearly states that this EVF has different and improved optics in front of OLED EVF and in combination with faster BIONZ-X chip (faster feed, refresh, cleaner image etc) it offers actually better viewing experience. So I consider this as an upgrade to old NEX-6/7 EVF.

Sounds like a guy who has been to sales rep school.  Dux of his class no doubt.

Hey! Beetle car doors were hard to shut because the seals were so good no dust could get in.

BTW, imaging-resource review confirms that side-by-side a6000 EVF is much better one to use.

As a MF lens user I will reserve my judgement as to how well the pixels pop in fully magnified screen after the focus peaking runs out and there is nothing left but as many active pixels as possible and my eyesight.

Maybe this evf will work better for the generally less particular pastime of video shooting?

-- hide signature --

Tom Caldwell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow