Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
six34sigma
Contributing MemberPosts: 957Gear list
Like?
Inexpensive walk around lens for a D800/D800e
2 months ago

Am planning on a D800 (or D800e) in the next month or two. Was wondering if there was a good inexpensive walk around lens I could get with it. That means something that is used and about $500. Looking at the Nikon 35-70 f2.8. Its about $429 for an EX+ example from KEH. My 80-200 f2.8 two ring is outstanding and plan to use that along with my 50 1.8D and 85 1.8G. It leaves me a bit naked at the wide end but that can be covered by the D7100 and Tokina 11-16 f2.8. Not planning to get rid of it. My primary photography is Travel and Landscape, people also, mostly family.

1. Other thoughts or other suggestions regarding the lens?
  2. Any downside with the 35-70?

Do understand that is probably not the best way to do this but budget and survival are a concern. The survival is that I do not want my wife to put an icepick in my eye while I sleep. You spent how much on a camera and that stupid lens is about the same price (aka 24-70 f2.8, I know its not the same price). We will talk about it and am sure I can convince her to get one or the other, not both.

Thanks in Advance.

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Sanjay

six34sigma's gear list:six34sigma's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX +3 more
Nikon D7100 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow