New Body (D610) or Better Glass (70-200mm) ???

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
GHCowan
New MemberPosts: 15Gear list
Like?
New Body (D610) or Better Glass (70-200mm) ???
10 months ago

I would appreciate any advice I could receive from everyone.  I'm a very active reader in these forums and truly trust the opinions of many of the members.

I currently shoot with a D7100.  I have a 50mm f/1.8 & an Tamron 18-270mm f/3.5-5.6.  I'm just a simple Dad who loves to photograph his kids and occasionally enjoys to shoot some Golfscapes. But what I shoot, I tend to be hard on myself, thus picky and self-critique.

When shooting my kids, I shoot their soccer games (4-5 months of the year) and then the rest of the time, its usually just the standard "indoors" photos due to the fact I live in Minnesota.

My wife have given me a "Don't Go Over $2,000 or You're DEAD!" budget to upgrade my equipment.  I had my heart set on the Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 lens UNTIL.... I had the opportunity to play with the Nikon D610.  Everything I shot with this body just looked incredible.  I know that everyone in these forums says that "It's not the equipment, its the photographer" BUT... after my time with this body, I'm not so sure!

My question for you all is, my budget allows me to choose one or the other.  What would the best choice be?  The new glass or the new body???  I am absolutely torn and have been flip-flopping for about a week now!

Thanks for taking the time to read!  Any advice is greatly appreciated!

GHCowan's gear list:GHCowan's gear list
Nikon D7100 Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D610 Nikon D7100 Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow