Backpack for camera + tripod AND slider (I film video a lot)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Norsketorsken
Forum MemberPosts: 58Gear list
Like?
Re: Backpack for camera + tripod AND slider (I film video a lot)
In reply to The Swedish guy, 5 months ago

The Swedish guy wrote:

Hi!

I am mostly in to filming with my digital cameras and I have a light tripod and I am going to get a 60 cm/25 Inch slider which I want to be able to carry around with me on trips everywhere like out in nature, parks, citystreets etc so I am looking for a backpack that fits all this and has a good carying support system, it would be ideal if I could also fit a smaller camera stabilizer.

I see quite a few regular backpacks which is over 60 cm high but only a couple dedicated camera backpacks that is.

So I wonder if you have any experience with this and if I could strap the slider on in a good way on the outside like you do with the tripod on most camera backpacks like the Lowepro flipsyde 400 AW for example or if I am better of looking at large regular backpacks and use a small camerabag inside the backpack to protect the camera against the tripod and slider and whatever else I have in the backpack?

Hallo!

I am using a Lowepro Rover Pro 35l for my camera gear when I'm out in the wild or walking for long distances, this has an amazing suspension system that will let you carry loads of gear all day long comfortably. They have a larger model, the Rover Pro 45l which might fit better if you need more room, with the same carry system. Check it out if you haven't, very good tripod attachment on the side, H2O pouch on the opposite side to counteract the tripod weight, removable padded camera compartment, ventilation towards you back and various pockets. Best camera backpack I've ever tried, and the suspension system is right up there with the best of the hiking packs I own.

Norsketorsken's gear list:Norsketorsken's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM Sigma 1.4x EX DG Tele Converter Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow