DOF and Cropping take 2

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,808Gear list
Like?
Re: So, your conclusion is that 'equivalency = false'?
In reply to awaldram, 7 months ago

awaldram wrote:

moving_comfort wrote:

awaldram wrote:

As far as I;m concerned both you and Ian have had ample proof of the error of your (and only your) crackpot theories.

So, everyone who understands and discusses equivalence - like Falk Lumo, Joseph James, etc and everyone viewing this thread who understands it are crackpots?

I think I'll invite Mr James to this thread - head crackpot, in your view - he probably likes a good laugh as much as anyone.

So I'm done here you obviously can't even understand the maths that prove your wrong are unable to see the truth in images posted by both Ian and Myself

Ian and yourself? Don't you know Ian's trying his best to make you see the light?

because of your FF centric world , you have no objectivity, even when so obviously wrong to everyone you eventually reach the point your becoming a bit of a joke.

Equivalency is not tied to "FF", it applies between every existing format size. It applies just as much between Q and 645D as it does between aps-c and FF. Don't try to make this a 'FF good, aps-c bad' argument. It simply describes a relationship, and in practice can describe a lens/sensor combo that might work better for someone than another lens/sensor combo. That's it. Don't take it so personally, it's an equation.

An equation that proves your wrong , as has been posted by James .

Really? Can you show me where James showed how equivalence proved me wrong?I think he'd be as suprised to hear that he did that as me

(I think you're attributing some of what he was writing incorrectly, by the way - but I'll let him speak for himself.)

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow