Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,145Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 - losing touch
In reply to parallaxproblem, 5 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

tomhongkong wrote:

It would be nice if you could get him to tell us why he would like it. There are a few instances where it is good, like studio shots where there is plenty of time to set the composition up, which might be useful to him. However for most of the shots exhibited on this forum it does very little except get in the way (in my opinion, of course)

tom

It is actually least useful in the studio as there you have plenty of time to setup your focus

The use is in street or 'real' situations where you need to select your focus point in the shortest possible time and take the shot: compose your image (centre is by default already in focus) if the subject of interest is not in centre image then you simply have to touch the area you want to be in focus in the split second before you press the shutter

Exactly right for street work. On my Canon 6D, the solution is to shoot the center point and then later crop. I suspect this is what most street photographers do when there is no time to focus and recompose. But on my NEX 5N, the touch to set focus allows for more creativity in shooting without cropping.

sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow