* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #303 14 02 12 *

Started 7 months ago | Photos thread
LouHolland
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,176
Like?
Re: Water
In reply to RoelHendrickx, 7 months ago

Water is a scarce resource in some parts of the world, and you captured the way how to achive it as a sometimes daily (dynamic) activity very well.

Lou

-

RoelHendrickx wrote:

Selection of images has been made for my exhibition on the cooperation between Antwerp and the Oriental Region in Morocco. The final stages of preparation (layout of the exhibition, having the big prints made, brochure, promo, ...) are in full swing.

This gives me the opportunity and liberty to start showing some outtakes of the few hundred usable images I collected on a 6 day tour through a beautiful but desolate and challenged landscape, in October of last year.

Here is one.

ZD14-54 on E-3

Some context: this image shows the big water tank just outside the sook of Afsou, a small rural community in the mountains between Nador and Guercif. The government fills the tank and water can be taken free of charge by the locals, who come there at the smaller fountain with donkeys laden with jerrycans and anything that can hold water.

Small houses and settlements that are too far from this reservoir, mostly have their own water supply in a private underground tank, from which they draw their daily needs, much like decades or even centuries ago (I have images of that situation too, near a house where I received an hospitable bed for the night, but that is for another time).

Alternatively, people who live to far for donkey-transport to be practical, can choose to have the big water truck come by and deliver water, paying only the transport fee for the delivery. That's the big water truck being filled you see in the background.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Don,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow