Veteran MemberPosts: 7,808Gear list
Like?
U r slippery
In reply to awaldram, 7 months ago

awaldram wrote:

I don;t get it

We know.

Just as was stated the first time.

Your 'proofs' only show what I've been sayin, You alter the magnification factor to alter DoF.

What you've claimed several times, and when asked directly:  "Cropping does not alter DOF", when in fact it does when displayed at the same sizes.  You sort of, kinda, admitted it there ^^, so you may be making progress - although you may regress

The fact you then go one to match that DoF to various focal lengths seem pointless.

I've stated (repeatedly)

1 a lens does not alter its characteristic it aperture is fixed by it focal length and entry pupil these do not alter dependant on format

2 DoF does not alter what alters is the 'standard' viewing distance so perceived DoF changes.

3 Altering magnification will alter perceived DoF

So - again - you are admitting here ^^ that cropping and displaying at the same size alters DOF from the original image?  Just trying to nail you down.

4 Cropping alters magnification so alters perceived DoF

Good!  So, should I paste something below where you were asked this question directly before and you gave another answer?   Here:

You wrote "Simple question  how can it?".  I proceeded to answer.  It didn't take.  Did it require some time to settle in?

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow