Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,858Gear list
Like?
Re: There is NO reason not to get X-E1 for $719
In reply to stimpy, 8 months ago

stimpy wrote:

Les Lammers wrote:

It's too bad that DP Review does not have a way to post a *sticky*. The Fuji X series is not a replacement for a machinegun DSLR...period. If that is what you want or need...look elsewhere. Also, it will not track focus on a bird in flight with a 300mm f1.4 lens. Gotta go somewhere else for that too.

Cameras are tools...nothing more...get the one that does the job you want it to do. There really isn't much else to say.

I genuinely don't think anyone expects any mirrorless camera to rival a DSLR in speed; the average consumer doesn't invest in such a purchase without doing a little reading.

But there is a split between those who feel it is adequate, and those who have frustrations with it. This is especially evident for those coming to Fuji from a DSLR or from m43.

But this should be expected as everyone uses their camera for different reasons and in different situations, we all have different needs and expectations.

It's fair to say a percentage of Fuji users who rely on the camera for work have a love/hate relationship with them (especially pre-firmware). I'd include myself here.

The problem is that criticisms about the camera are sometimes taken personally by the owners. Thus one party tries to convince the other that their opinion is correct, and it ends up as a mud slinging match.

It's crazy, but it wouldn't be DPR without it.

Fuji don't really help themselves with claims such as "worlds fastest autofocus*" in my opinion, I think that possibly doesn't help some of angst amongst new adopters.

Dude, no one is trying to convince others that once's opinion is correct.

This thread is only about value and price, NOT AF performance. Even better, did i ever say this camera is for fast moving objects?  You think people don't know this camera is not for fast moving objects???  What's your problem?

Stimpy, you are starting to pi** me off, but instead i'll just say take care and have a nice day.

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow