A6000 - losing touch

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: A6000 - losing touch
In reply to Donny out of Element here, 6 months ago

Donny out of Element here wrote:

1. The problem with my 5N is that I hate touch - I accidentally touch it all the time. Yes, one can go to menu and turn it off/on, but it's a burden when you have to take photo right now and you realize that focus is somewhere in the corner due to accidental touch. Frustrating.

I think the problem is you not the camera. You are using a camera that is far too advanced for your brain because if you don't know you can go to the menu and turn off the touch function whenever/if it doesn't work for you, it means you need a fully automatic camera that does everything for you to the extent that you don't need to do anything but press the shutter button.

Nevertheless, unlike you and some others, many people find touch screen useful and improving their handling of the camera. The better idea is to include it and let people choose to use it or, turn it off. This way, everybody will be happy (except those whose brain is incapable of learning how to disable it if they didn't like it).

2. As seen in some videos: a6k can really track moving objects. So if you have seen a part where a guy pans camera in a garage from one side to another - we can see multiple live green boxes of AF focusing instantly - so IMHO - it would be much easier now to select focus by just panning camera where you want focus to be and then either lock and recompose or shoot straight away. Much faster than trying to hold camera steady and push on a screen to choose focus point (and also after touching on a screen to choose focus point I had to recompose anyway - since it wasn't as accurate).

Again shows you first need to improve your knowledge of photography. By panning and tilting the camera you are rotating the plane of focus. If you focus and then pan, your subject may go out of focus depending on the selected aperture (depth of field).

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow