* Wed C&C No Theme Thread #303 14 02 12 *

Started 6 months ago | Photos thread
RoelHendrickx
Forum ProPosts: 22,260
Like?
Re: Worry
In reply to Scott Whittemore, 6 months ago

Scott Whittemore wrote:

I was away last week and off the grid so I missed last week's thread. I might go back andlook at last week's posts if time permits but here's one for this week. This is from Trinidad, where I was last week, but this shot is not from last week. It's from my previous trip to Trinidad, a couple of years ago. This woman was looking out her kitchen door and casting her shadow on the wall opposite the door.

Worry

-- hide signature --

I like how a colour image can be B&W. (Or is this a toned B&W and done in a very subtle way : the bouquet has me in doubt.) Whether the scene was like this or you chose the colour treatment : it is excellent.  Soft and with emphasis on form and shape.

You have a silhouette here that is as clear and crisp as a portrait and maybe even better looking.

Enhancing the portrait are a few tidbits of every day life that (we would like to think) tell us more about the person: household utensils and a modern kitchen appliance (I believe we have the same microwave but I should check), but also room for just a bit of frivolity in the form of that bouquet.

Very pleasant to look at.

-- hide signature --

Roel Hendrickx
lots of images: www.roelh.zenfolio.com
my E-3 user field report from Tunisian Sahara: http://www.biofos.com/ukpsg/roel.html

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Don,New
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow