Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DonSC
Contributing MemberPosts: 873
Like?
Looks like we will get a 300mm f/4
5 months ago

I think this is pretty big news but haven't seen a post about it. If I've missed it then my apologies.

This site as well as 43 rumors have some pics and more details on the lens so it would seem the rumored m43 300mm f/4 is on. Not util 2015 but at least we know it's in the works and can plan appropriately. In my case that means scheduling the more landscape travel first and leaving the critter travel for later. LOL

I think this will be a great lens. My guess is similar quality to the 300mm f/2.8 but a stop slower and a lot smaller (due to a stop slower) and lighter (due to all sorts of light-weighting). With TCs this lens should provide enough reach everyone but the most dedicated birders.

I wonder if it's possible that we'll see the same database driven AF for continuous focus that Panasonic is using in the new video camera? The approach should work as well for C-AF as it does for video. I'd also wonder whether the E-M1 successor will have Olympus' new laser focus system.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow