darkdirtydwarf
Contributing MemberPosts: 805Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A7 Flash
In reply to juvx, 10 months ago

juvx wrote:

darkdirtydwarf wrote:

juvx wrote:

Im sure this has been asked before but what flash do you guys use for the Sony A7 or A7r? I just bought a A7. I dont mind using a non sony brand in its standard hot shoe im just looking for the best option.

In my opinion the best option is the HVL60FM. I have it and I'm amazed. I was already happy with the older HVL58FM, but the 60 it's even better (and comes with a diffuser too...).

I was considering that but iv heard so many bad things about it overheating after a few shots....

Don't listen to everything you hear

I did pretty intensive shootings and it NEVER overheated. It does overheat ONLY if you use it at full power repeatedly, which is never gonna happen in real life since you never need all that power for several shots in a row.

Read this post here from another dpreview user to have a better idea of what I'm talking about:

http://techandgadgets.tumblr.com/post/53109481756/does-sony-hvl-60m-overheat-part-ii

darkdirtydwarf's gear list:darkdirtydwarf's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow