What would more MP mean to you ?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,385Gear list
Like?
Re: What would more MP mean to you ?
In reply to Les Lammers, 10 months ago

Les Lammers wrote:

It would mean nothing to me and *I* think 16MP is the sweet spot for APS. Need more? Go FF and deal with the issues that entails. 'Mo ain't always better.

Exactly! I would be interested in a new 16mp sensor with more DR, and would certainly pass for a 24mp sensor with the same or similar DR as it brings no advantage at all for me personally. Plus, i would need a faster computer. More pixels is most often nothing more than a marketing ploy to recruit those that simply think more is better and will upgrade. Most of those people actually think the ratio of pixels is directly related to print size. It is not, that ratio is linear, not about area. So 24mp, assuming same quality of pixels, can make a print 25% bigger, not 50% bigger.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow