ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
anirbana
Regular MemberPosts: 209Gear list
Like?
D600/D610 - Need tips and suggestions on shooting fast action
7 months ago

My fellow Nikonites,

I need some suggestions and tips on shooting fast action. I have never shot fast action before other than capturing my daughter running around in open area with less success due to lack of right technique.

Essentially, we will be in a park this weekend and I want to capture my daughter in motion and also capture BIF and also learn to shoot fast action.

I am a AF-S guy and have hardly used AF-C and never used any technique for fast action capture.

What I have

Camera : D600

Lens: Tamron 70-300 VC USD (for BIF), Nikon 85 F1.8G, 50 F1.8G and 28-105 AFD

Lens wise, I may not have the best for BIF, but the Tamron is all I have and I need to work with its limitations and not thinking of buying any lens since I rarelyshoot this kind of pictures

Having explained my gear and being failry new shooting fast action, I'd really appreciate thoughts and suggestions as if you are helping a beginner (we all start at some time) on the following points

1. Which focus mode(s) to use - I am guessing AF-C with AF-ON and which focus group (9,21, 39?)

2. How to focus and keep shooting - the method itself

3. Which metering mode and shooting mode - Spot/ Matrix , M/S/A

Look forward to your thoughts.

Ani

anirbana's gear list:anirbana's gear list
Nikon D600 Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +1 more
ANSWER:
Nikon D600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow