With the world’s fastest autofocus system (A6000)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
sean lancaster
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,139Gear list
Like?
Re: re: few questions on practical aspects of the a6k
In reply to jpr2, 5 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

sean lancaster wrote:

dpreview has their first look at the A6000 here.

• as there is no AEL/AFL - AF/MF switch on the back of a6k;
  • IS THERE any other way on N6 type bodies - to take-off AF from half-press of the shutter, and assign it to some other location at the back of a6k??

I never shot fully manual on my NEX 5N because it required going into the on screen menus and I was too ignorant about M at the time. Now I only shoot M on my Canon 6D. jpr2's items above got me thinking . . . how difficult is it to shoot in M mode on the A6000? I see one dial (e.g., aperture), but what about shutter speed? I can have my 6D do auto ISO and set the maximum at 12,800 or 6,400 so that I can focus on aperture and shutter speed with my dials. Can the A6000 do the same? I seem to recall my 5N stopping at ISO 3,200 for auto ISO (and correct me if I am wrong). I suspect Exposure compensation requires on-screen tinkering? Default shutter speed is probably still 1/60 like on my 5N, so I'll be interested to see what it really is and how configurable it can be.

-- hide signature --
 sean lancaster's gear list:sean lancaster's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha 7 Voigtlander 35mm F1.2 Nokton Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow