What do m4/3 users think about the Canon G1X II?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Steen Bay
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,188
Like?
Re: Too late
In reply to JeanPierre Martel, 6 months ago

JeanPierre Martel wrote:

s_grins wrote:

JeanPierre Martel wrote:
The size of the sensor is one criterion. But the quality of the sensor is a lot more important.

Canon don't have the choice but putting a sensor equivalent to the one in first-generation m4/3 cameras (GH1, old Pens, etc.).

I see you are judging IQ of the camera that have not been officially announced.

Please read this:
"My conclusion is that the specifications of the Canon PowerShot G1 X sensor are remarkably similar to the Panasonic GH1 sensor. This doesn't mean that they are identical, though. But given that there are not that many sensor manufacturers out there, and certainly not for the Four Thirds sensor size, I would say this is a good indication that Panasonic do in fact produce the sensors for the Canons G1X. As you understand, this is of course purely speculation."
http://m43photo.blogspot.ca/2012/02/canon-g1x-sensor-size-same-as-gh1.html

Canon's 18mp APS-C sensor also has the same pixel size as G1x/G1x2, so most likely that a slightly 'cropped' version of the APS-C sensor is used here. The G1x2 (probably) can't quite match the low ISO DR of recent mFT cameras, but the high ISO performance should be OK.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow