a6000 faster than OMD E-M1, faster than most DSLR's (if not all). Good job SONY.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Habs Fan27
Regular MemberPosts: 383
Like?
Re: Faster for 3 seconds?
In reply to stevo23, 10 months ago

stevo23 wrote:

Donny out of Element here wrote:

Well, 11fps with live tracking AF is something. It's faster than OMD E-M1 and mind you it's an APS-C sensor with 24.3 Mp! Fastest AF (in the world?) 0.06s CIPA.

For 3 seconds? How long of a burst do you maintain 11fps? And how many times can you do that in a minute? How many RAW images can you rip out per second?

I honestly see no point in any further mirror usage in cameras from now on.

Because the mirrored D4s can shoot 10fps for 20 full seconds and crank out 200 full resolution RAW files with full tracking autofocus/metering/auto ISO etc. for each shot. And right away, it can turn around and do it all over again. All day long. Processor/buffer is just as important.

Not to dampen the enthusiasm, but you get what you pay for. I'm just sayin', keep it all in perspective.

I don't think potential A6000 buyers are cross shopping it with a D4s.  If the AF speed/accuracy/tracking is as advertised, it's probably good enough for 99% of the people out there and way better than anything remotely close to this price point.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow