Sony A7R vs Sigma DP3Merrill

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
cosmonaut
Senior MemberPosts: 1,888Gear list
Like?
Re: Sony A7R vs Sigma DP3Merrill
In reply to OvinceZ, 8 months ago

OvinceZ wrote:

I seldom shoot with the DP3M at 200 ISO. 95%+ of the time it is ISO100. Yes, that is a huge limitation but I don't like noise in the photos. Otherwise I would own the DSLR version of this camera. Perhaps Sigma will produce an improved version soon. The Sigma takes too long to process images....about 15 seconds with my memory card. That is way too long to check photos. However, when I view the photos on my large monitor I am usually impressed at what I see from that small camera. I keep telling myself to use it more. At the moment I am still excited about the A7R and am taking photos mainly with it. Another thing I miss is an electronic viewfinder.

Vince

I thought the magic in the Sigma was in the RAW files. I have downloaded full sized images from the SD1 and their quiet amazing with details. This with Sigma lenses as well. I have toyed with the idea of an SD1 for landscaping. So far it's just a whim on my part. I am pretty happy with Sony.

-- hide signature --

www.gregmccary.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow