Sony A7 Flash

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
zilver
Contributing MemberPosts: 532Gear list
Like?
Can you please show camera pic with the 20m flash?
In reply to NicolasKL, 10 months ago

Can't find the picture of the A7 with the 20m flash anywhere, would like to see if's it still small.

Thank you.

NicolasKL wrote:

juvx wrote:

Im sure this has been asked before but what flash do you guys use for the Sony A7 or A7r? I just bought a A7. I dont mind using a non sony brand in its standard hot shoe im just looking for the best option.

I bought a Sony 20m mainly because I don't usually need a high powered high featured flash and the small size of the A7R is one of the main selling points for me so having a flash I can fit in my shirt pocket is a big benefit. Just got it last night so I haven't used it extensively, but it seems capable for what it is, somewhere in between a built in flash and a "real" flash.

I may also pick up a F43M if I think I'll get some use out of it, but I'm mostly a landscape photographer, I just want a flash for casual candids, so I probably don't really need anything better than the 20m. Though if I do pick up a higher end flash, I can use the 20m to trigger it if I want, which is a bonus.

Seems to me that using a standard hot shoe would be missing out on some benefits (though probably gaining in other areas), but someone else can probably chime in better than I on that.

zilver's gear list:zilver's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Olympus OM-D E-M10 Sony Alpha 7S Leica T
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow