PLEASE STOP Hawking That guy

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
bikinchris
Forum ProPosts: 14,271Gear list
Like?
And what about him?
In reply to lorenzo de medici, 7 months ago

I think Thom et al write an honest opinion without trying to be funny or misleading.

I don't agree with everything Thom writes. But Thom doesn't dismiss people who disagree with him as being evil, stupid or shills for the camera companies. Thom doesn't have droves of rookies marching in lockstep in the wrong direction because he said something stupid as a joke. He writes for a more experienced group of photographers.

For instance, he seems to dislike the XQD format. I disagree. I see where the XQD has the ability to move bytes much faster than the CFFast or SD format. I think it was a mistake for Nikon to be so slow in adopting it. It is about 40% faster than theoretical limits of other cards.

I have the same opinion of people like Rob Galbraith and the dozen or so other people who actually try to write factual reviews and opinions on equipment.

lorenzo de medici wrote:

bikinchris wrote:

People seem to have a need to run on here and brodcast every comment, nuance and life lesson from "that guy." You all know who he is. There are at least three seperate threads quoting his "review" of the D4S, which he has not ever seen.

Why? All HE does is post stupid, controversial stuff to draw hits. You folks not only drive his hits, you come on here and hawk his outrageous posts and sometimes even post links.

Please stop promoting that sideshow.

-- hide signature --

"Transport is a subtly political business. Left-wingers like trains
(central planning, low fuel consumption, largely egalitarian seating).
Right-wingers like cars (freedom, independence, individualism). Only
the bicycle crosses the political divide: it embodies both liberty
and equality." This is the first paragraph from a short article titled
"The Bicycle is Best" by Emma Duncan

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/

-- hide signature --

"Transport is a subtly political business. Left-wingers like trains
(central planning, low fuel consumption, largely egalitarian seating).
Right-wingers like cars (freedom, independence, individualism). Only
the bicycle crosses the political divide: it embodies both liberty
and equality." This is the first paragraph from a short article titled
"The Bicycle is Best" by Emma Duncan

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D2H Nikon D3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow